Book Review for
Halo By Alexandra Adnoretto
Rating: 3 Stars
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Pages: 484
Published Date: Aug 2010
Heaven has sent three angels to Venus Cove to help keep it a safe place. The Archangel Gabriel, whose good looks and warrior mastery are unmatched. Ivy, the good angel who has healing abilities and helps to inspire millions. Then there is Bethany, the younger sister, only 17. She is the newest angel of them all to come down to earth. Her emotions are deeper than ever known, and she's more human than the other angels.
To assimilate into regular human life in Venus Cove, the angels set themselves up around a local Christian school. Bethany enrolls as a student, Gabriel is a teacher, and Ivy is the homebody that does charity events. Bethany learns a lot about being human with a lot of mistakes along the way. Bethany then meets Xavier Woods. Kind and sexy and everything good in the world, he becomes smitten with Bethany.
The only problem is that angels and humans shouldn't fall in love. They're two different beings, never meant to intermix or make love. Xavier isn't even allowed to know about who she really is. The love between them is strong but many strong forces, good & evil will try the couple as the angels begin to discover what's going on behind the scenes in Venus Cove. Halo is the start to a three book series that promises angelic passions and a look into subtle evil of the world.
When I first got the book, I fell in love with the cover. I mean who wouldn't. It's beautiful and Bethany's wings are exquisite. Although the book cover was pretty I did have to give this book 3/5 Stars. The beginning was promising, and I did enjoy learning about the 3 angels characters. When Bethany and Xavier met I felt like I couldn't put the book down. I loved the way Bethany told Xavier about her true self and loved reading about how their love grew.
Unfortunately, the middle and end didn't keep me as interested. I felt Bethany didn't have a backbone and at times she just annoyed me. Although I did enjoy the character Jake Thorn and Bethany's encounters with him. I felt the author could have taken this book in another direction. I still enjoyed the read and I am looking forward to finishing her series and reading Hades.
Please comment about your thoughts and feelings on the book!

No comments:
Post a Comment